Wylie:Grub chen tai lo pa'i phyag rgya chen po gang+gA ma'i gzhung sa bcad 'grel pa dang bcas pa
Property "Author" has a restricted application area and cannot be used as annotation property by a user.
WYLIE TEXT WILL APPEAR HERE
- Translator's notes
- Notes on the text itself
- Notes on authorship
- Notes on individuals related to text
- Other notes
- Genre from Richard Barron's Catalog
- Instruction manual
- Genre from dkar chag
- gzhung rtsa 'grel
- BDRC Link
- BDRC Content Information
- No note on contents
- Other Translations
- Brunnhölzl, Karl. Straight from the Heart: Buddhist Pith Instructions. Ithaca, New York: Snow Lion Publications, 2007. Chogyam Trungpa. The Myth of Freedom. Berkeley: Shambhala, 1976. Morrell, Jerry, trans. The Life of Tilopa and the Ganges Mahamudra. Auckland, New Zealand: Zhyisil Chokyi Ghatsal Trust, 2002. (translation of "phyag chen gang+gA ma") Sangyes Nyenpa Rinpoche. Tilopa’s Mahamudra Upadesha: The Gangama Instructions with Commentary. Translated by David Molk. Boston & London: Snow Lion Publica-tions/Shambhala, 2014. Tiso, Francis, and Fabrizio Torricelli. “The Tibetan Text of Tilopa’s Mahāmudro-padeśa.” East and West 41 (1991): 205–229. see http://www.naturalawareness.net/ganges.html for translations by Ken McLeod, Ari Kiev, Chogyam Trungpa, Keith Dowman, Garma C.C. Chang, Yeshe Gyamtso,, Karl Brunnholzl, Rodney Devenish, and Lex Hixon. Published commentaries: Thrangu Rinpoche teachings given in Vancouver BC in June 1998, published in Shenpen Osel, Vol 3, No 3 (Dec 1999) Thrangu Rinpoche, The Life of Tilopa & The Ganges Mahamudra (Namo Buddha Publications & Zhyisil Chokyi Ghatsal Publications, 2002) Fifth Shamarpa Goncho Yenla (1525-1583) commentary published in: Straight from the Heart: Buddhist Pith Instructions, translated by Karl Brunnholzl (Snow Lion Publications, 2007) Teaching by the Tenth Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche at Benchen Phuntsok Dharje Ling, Kathmandu Nepal. Transcript (in Tibetan) by Karma Lekshey Ling Institute.
- Commentary(s) of this Text in the DNZ
- Phyag rgya chen po gang+gA ma'i gzhung sa bcad, Phyag rgya chen po gang+gA ma'i 'grel pa
- Text(s) in the DNZ of which this is a commentary
- Related Western Publications
- Related Tibetan Publications
Information about Unicode Tibetan and the digitization of this text
As the only available unicode Tibetan text at the time, Nitartha International's version of the Paro Edition of the gdams ngag mdzod is provided here. However, note that it has not been thoroughly edited and that there may also be mistakes introduced through the conversion process. Eventually we will provide a fully edited version of the entire Shechen Edition, entered and edited multiple times by Pulahari Monastery in Nepal, but as of fall 2017 that project has not been finished. Note that the folio numbers that appear throughout were added by Nitartha Input Center at the time of input.